WHAT IS THE TEACHER INSTITUTE?
During week-long residential sessions or three-day themed seminars, Teacher Institute participants are immersed in an interdisciplinary approach to teaching social studies with American history as the focus. The Institute experience provides teachers:
- Primary source-centered, standards-based historical content
- An inclusive approach to analyzing and teaching events of the past
- Innovative, engaging teaching strategies to bring history to life in the classroom
- Immersive experiences throughout the Historic Area and with character interpreters with suggested classroom applications
- Collaborative idea sharing with Colonial Williamsburg staff and fellow teachers
For more information about the 2023 Teacher Institute programs, including dates, please visit our website at: https://www.colonialwilliamsburg.org/teach
Each Teacher Institute scholarship includes:
- Admission to all program activities
- Double-occupancy room
- Most meals
- Most scholarships also include airfare and ground transportation to Williamsburg. Travel arrangements will be confirmed at the time of scholarship acceptance.
If you have any questions about the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “2023 BMWTI Scholarship Application” in the subject line of the email.