Please note: Applications are due by January 18th, 2019.
What is the Teacher Institute?
During week-long sessions or three-day themed seminars, Colonial Williamsburg Teacher Institute participants are immersed in an interdisciplinary approach to teaching social studies with American history as the focus. The Institute experience provides teachers:
· Primary source-centered, standards-based historical content
· Inclusive approach to analyzing people and events of the past from multiple perspectives
· Innovative, engaging teaching strategies to bring history to life in the classroom
· Immersive experiences throughout the Historic Area and with character interpreters with suggested classroom applications
· Collaborative idea sharing with Colonial Williamsburg staff and fellow teachers
· Classroom-ready instructional resources, including lesson plans, primary sources, and media through the Colonial Williamsburg Education Resource Library.
Each Teacher Institute scholarship includes:
· Admission to all program activities
· Room (double occupancy)
· Most meals
· Special access to the Teacher Institute portion of the Education Resource Library
· Most scholarships also include full airfare and ground transportation to Williamsburg. Travel arrangements will be confirmed at the time of scholarship acceptance.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For your application to be considered, you must respond fully to all questions, upload a recommendation from your Principal or Administrator, and confirm that you will have a full-time teaching position during the 2019-2020 school year. If your application is incomplete it will not be reviewable.
For more information about our 2019 Teacher Institute programs and dates, please visit our website at: http://www.history.org/history/teaching/tchsti.cfm. If you have any questions about the application process please email Elana McGovern at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “2019 CWTI Scholarship Application” in the subject line of the email.
Applications are due by January 18th, 2019.