We are currently accepting applications for targeted areas, however the national application process is closed. Please contact Teacher Development at email@example.com for specifics.
What is the Teacher Institute?
During week-long sessions or three-day themed seminars, Colonial Williamsburg Teacher Institute participants are immersed in an interdisciplinary approach to teaching social studies with American history as the focus. The Institute experience provides teachers:
· Primary source-centered, standards-based historical content
· Inclusive approach to analyzing people and events of the past from multiple perspectives
· Innovative, engaging teaching strategies to bring history to life in the classroom
· Immersive experiences throughout the Historic Area and with character interpreters with suggested classroom applications
· Collaborative idea sharing with Colonial Williamsburg staff and fellow teachers
· Classroom-ready instructional resources, including lesson plans, primary sources, and media through the Colonial Williamsburg Education Resource Library.
Each Teacher Institute scholarship includes:
· Admission to all program activities
· Room (double occupancy)
· Most meals
· Special access to the Teacher Institute portion of the Education Resource Library
· Most scholarships also include full airfare and ground transportation to Williamsburg. Travel arrangements will be confirmed at the time of scholarship acceptance.
For more information about our 2019 Teacher Institute programs and dates, please visit our website at: http://www.history.org/history/teaching/tchsti.cfm. If you have any questions about the application process please email Elana McGovern at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “2019 CWTI Scholarship Application” in the subject line of the email.
The national application process is closed. We are currently accepting applications from targeted areas. Please contact Teacher Development at email@example.com for specifics.