WHAT IS THE TEACHER INSTITUTE?
During week-long sessions or three-day themed seminars, Teacher Institute participants are immersed in an interdisciplinary approach to teaching social studies with American history as the focus. The Institute experience provides teachers:
- Primary source-centered, standards-based historical content
- Inclusive approach to analyzing people and events of the past from multiple perspectives
- Innovative, engaging teaching strategies to bring history to life in the classroom
- Immersive experiences throughout the Historic Area and with character interpreters with suggested classroom applications
- Collaborative idea sharing with Colonial Williamsburg staff and fellow teachers
- Classroom-ready instructional resources, including lesson plans, primary sources, and media through the Colonial Williamsburg Education Resource Library
Each Teacher Institute scholarship includes:
- Admission to all program activities
- Double-occupancy room
- Most meals
- Most scholarships also include airfare and ground transportation to Williamsburg. Travel arrangements will be confirmed at the time of scholarship acceptance.
For more information about the 2022 Teacher Institute programs, please visit our website at: http://www.history.org/cwti If you have any questions about the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “2022 CWTI Scholarship Application” in the subject line of the email.
APPLICATION CLOSE DATE: December 17, 2021
Please subscribe to our mailing list to stay informed about Colonial Williamsburg instructional resources, teacher professional development opportunities, and scholarships.